Weapon Systems business centers on design, production and post-deployment support of integrated combat systems. For example, TSC provides various engineering services for several critical defense programs:
- System and software Open Architecture design and backfit for AEGIS Modernization and future surface combatant design and test support.
- Systems integration of new sensors and weapons, such as Evolved SEASPARROW Missile (ESSM) into Navy ship combat systems.
- Reliability, Maintainability & Availability support to the Navy’s Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) program, to the microwave tubes program of the AEGIS radar system, and to the PHALANX Close in Weapon System (CIWS), ESSM, and Rolling Airframe Missile (RAM) weapon systems programs.
- At-sea test and operator training support for the AEGIS program.
- Logistics engineering assessments to determine spares requirements/budgets for out-year procurement for several programs.
- Specialized safety/hazard analysis and environmental analyses for the PHALANX and ESSM programs.
- Ballistic Missile Defense Engineering studies, robust Modeling and Simulation support, test participation, and system performance assessment for AEGIS BMD, Ground Based BMD, and individual subsystems such as THAAD.
- Support to the Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane, IN for assessing processes in microwave tube manufacturing and establishing an oxide cathode manufacturing facility.