Under the sponsorship of the Air Force Research Laboratory Munitions Directorate (AFRL/RW), Technology Service Corporation (TSC) has developed a physics-based tool for computing radar returns from targets and surrounding terrain accurately and quickly at frequencies from millimeter through submillimeter wave. The Munition Environment Signature Model (MESM) is designed to support testing and evaluation of new proximity fuze radar technologies with production run times that are fast enough to support iterative design of new architectures and algorithms. While traditional radar signature prediction codes may take weeks to months of execution time at submillimeter wavelengths, MESM uses an innovative approach that enables it to complete computations within minutes to hours.
- Models multiple coherent receivers with correct relative phases
- Models munition translational and rotational motions
- Models multiple moving metallic targets including rough surfaces and cavities
- Models radar returns from surrounding terrain
- Includes a graphical tool to facilitate setting up the target scene
For more information please download the Submillimeter Wave RF Environment Signature Model Fact Sheet (PDF)