Air and Missile Defense Radar – Support to NAVSEA PEO IWS 2.0
(Above Water Sensors)
Air and Missile Defense Radar (AMDR) is a multi-mission active phased array radar that will be replacing SPY-1 radars on future DDG 51 Flight III ships. AMDR is a dual band (S and X) radar that will be scalable to different size apertures for various classes of ships.
TSC provides Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) engineering and logistics/sustainment planning for the program office:
- Serve as Government Logistics/RAM Cross Product Team Lead
- Perform RAM design space trade studies; conduct performance modeling/simulation in support of System Engineering
- Develop RAM and logistics sections to the system specifications and architecture
- Develop and implement maintenance approach
- Provide RAM and logistics/sustainment test and evaluation support
- Develop the RAM and logistics/sustainment acquisition documents in compliance with DoD Acquisition Instructions and the OPNAV Gate decision process.